View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 20, 11:19 pm
clarkef

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by myperks View Post
telling management about something is wrong on-site is different than telling management about something you know beforehand that you donít like is two separate things. Does one make a reservation at a resort and then call the hotel and say, ďI donít like your resort fees, please remove or else I take my business elsewhere.Ē Iím sure people have done this but where has that gone.

telling management about something you know beforehand that you donít like and saying you will take business elsewhere is too DYKWIA mentality in my mind... I take my business elsewhere and choose a property. Itís not my job to school the property/management.
That's an interesting position. I would assume that a well-run business would appreciate a reasonable opportunity to earn your business. I am currently at the Marriott in Monterey. They are in the process of remodeling the rooms and changing the beds. The new beds are bad for people with bad backs. They requested that for my future stays I contact them beforehand so that they can make special accommodations for me. Win-win situation.