Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Mandatory valet parking - COVID concerns

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mandatory valet parking - COVID concerns

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2020, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SoFlaGuy
Because they needed the key to unlock my car to remove the charger to move it to another car. Thats all.

Sorry I dont get it.if you were worried about not having a valet drive your car, why didnt you simply request that they call you and youd come right down to move it? and hold on to the keys, by letting them move it you could have ejust let them park it to begin with. For me it would be an all or nothing deal
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by craz
Sorry I dont get it.if you were worried about not having a valet drive your car, why didnt you simply request that they call you and youd come right down to move it? and hold on to the keys, by letting them move it you could have ejust let them park it to begin with. For me it would be an all or nothing deal
Valet wasn’t moving the car. Only removing the charger to switch it to another vehicle.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by threecap
Again, most people travelling right now are in essential businesses don't have that choice.
Don't know where the snarky "again" comes from, but okay. Yet in this case it's obviously a leisure stay, and essential business travelers absolutely have the choice not to stay at a fancy Ritz-Carlton with (potentially) mandatory valet parking.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Don't know where the snarky "again" comes from, but okay. Yet in this case it's obviously a leisure stay, and essential business travelers absolutely have the choice not to stay at a fancy Ritz-Carlton with (potentially) mandatory valet parking.
When did RC become “fancy”?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cmd320
Compared to the average business traveler's usual hotel, I think "fancy" is a correct description of a Ritz.
SPN Lifer, bgasser and writerguyfl like this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by myperks
telling management about something is wrong on-site is different than telling management about something you know beforehand that you don’t like is two separate things. Does one make a reservation at a resort and then call the hotel and say, “I don’t like your resort fees, please remove or else I take my business elsewhere.” I’m sure people have done this but where has that gone.

telling management about something you know beforehand that you don’t like and saying you will take business elsewhere is too DYKWIA mentality in my mind... I take my business elsewhere and choose a property. It’s not my job to school the property/management.
That's an interesting position. I would assume that a well-run business would appreciate a reasonable opportunity to earn your business. I am currently at the Marriott in Monterey. They are in the process of remodeling the rooms and changing the beds. The new beds are bad for people with bad backs. They requested that for my future stays I contact them beforehand so that they can make special accommodations for me. Win-win situation.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by clarkef
That's an interesting position. I would assume that a well-run business would appreciate a reasonable opportunity to earn your business. I am currently at the Marriott in Monterey. They are in the process of remodeling the rooms and changing the beds. The new beds are bad for people with bad backs. They requested that for my future stays I contact them beforehand so that they can make special accommodations for me. Win-win situation.
my initial comment was on the act of threatening to take business elsewhere or calling corporate for something like this. I find that tacky. Nowhere did I say giving management comments is a bad thing.

in your example of beds being changed out... I assume you went to management and say you prefer something else, bed wise. I would assume you didn’t call up management and say if you don’t change the bed I’m taking my business elsewhere and complaining to corporate that the hotel’s bed is not up to your standard.

anyways. Nice to see the hotel made good for the OP.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:16 am
Suspended

Valet wasn’t moving the car. Only removing the charger to switch it to another vehicle.
thx, dont have a car that needs to be charged. And when I saw Teslas charging stations, I thought the OP was saying that when the charge was full the car had to moved to a reg spot, didnt tealize that the car didnt move and only the charging thingy was disconnected
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:13 pm

The Ritz-Carlton Naples is a AAA-rated Five-Diamond hotel. They have earned that distinction since 1987. Out of thousands of hotels in Florida, there are only 10 that earn that rating.

It's fancy.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
The Ritz-Carlton Naples is a AAA-rated Five-Diamond hotel. They have earned that distinction since 1987. Out of thousands of hotels in Florida, there are only 10 that earn that rating.

It's fancy.
I bet it's stuffy, too.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Compared to the average business traveler's usual hotel, I think "fancy" is a correct description of a Ritz.
This RC is also usually $1,000+ whenever I check. It caters to a certain crowd who most certainly consider themselves fancy, at any rate. The harpist was good when I was there last though, so that's good

..Strictly speaking the harpist was part of an event.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
I bet it's stuffy, too.
I live in SW Florida and have never found that property to be stuffy.....casual with a very high level of service. I was actually surprised the OP received bad information from the start, I have always found them to be very accommodating in all of our requests, but admittedly have not been down there since the onset of the virus.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by taxare
I live in SW Florida and have never found that property to be stuffy.....casual with a very high level of service.
An exception among Ritz-Carlton's then!
Old Jul 30, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Because it seems to be mentioned in every thread, when someone says "I'm concerned about the spread in XXX situation, so I'm going to do YYY." Every time, there is a reply like yours which says if someone has XXX concern they shouldn't travel, even though that concern applies to lots of essential business travelers. Hence, "again".
Old Aug 4, 2020, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by myperks
telling management about something is wrong on-site is different than telling management about something you know beforehand that you don’t like is two separate things. Does one make a reservation at a resort and then call the hotel and say, “I don’t like your resort fees, please remove or else I take my business elsewhere.” I’m sure people have done this but where has that gone.

telling management about something you know beforehand that you don’t like and saying you will take business elsewhere is too DYKWIA mentality in my mind... I take my business elsewhere and choose a property. It’s not my job to school the property/management.
In my opinion, it depends on the approach as mentioned up thread. There is nothing wrong (and actually smart to avoid onsite scenes, feelings, emotions....arrests!) with ASKING but also letting them know the answer effects (affects? I can never remember) your decision to purchase. They agree or don't. You purchase or don't. You get 0 extra wins if you never ask!
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.