FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Trip Cancellation & Coronavirus: Discussion & Questions
Old Jul 22, 2020, 3:42 pm
Donsyb

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I'd appreciate a sanity check on whether I can get a refund based on a schedule change. Firstly I assume a schedule change is simply that, and it doesn't necessarily have to result in a later arrival? In other words, I can arrive earlier than scheduled or depart later?

My ticket was issued after 8th April and so the 4-hour schedule change guidelines apply: https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/docum...40_Refunds.pdf

I was originally scheduled to arrive on 11th August at 10.15 pm and depart on Sunday 16th at 11.20 am

I made a voluntary changes to my ticket on both 4th June and again on 9th June (no change fee, but fare difference) which saw me now arrive at my destination at on 11th August at 3.40 pm and depart on Sunday 16th at 6.05 am

AA then made a schedule change

The new schedule has me arriving at 10.35 am on 11th August (so 5 hrs 5 minutes earlier) and departing at 11.20 am on the 16th August (so 5 hours 15 minutes later)

Presumably I would qualify for a refund on either of these changes? The schedule change is more than 4 hours in either case.

Thanks!
we had a similar situation. Moved our cancelled March flight to September. They then moved us onto a different flight that arrived around 7 hours earlier and we were able to cancel for a full refund