FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Trip Cancellation & Coronavirus: Discussion & Questions
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:58 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Dear All,
This is a source of much information, but I really would not know where the questions that I wish to ask are there. BA have just cancelled my flights to the US. I have three sectors booked on AA all on different PNRs. They are all booked in I class and are all domestic sectors

What I would like to know is this

1) Can I cancel and get a refund? I would have thought not - but I know that someone here will know

2) I think from what I read that I can cancel the trip and then rebook it - however what happens if I no longer wish to fly the sectors that I am cancelling - can the money be used towards different sectors? If I was due to fly SEA - ORD could I book JFK - MIA and pay any difference in fare?

I have checked and none of my flights all of which are due for September have been altered or cancelled by AA. I intend to wait to see if this happens first and cancel or whatever nearer the time unless it is more advantageous to do now.

Many Thanks in advance