FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 - bring on board food and wine?
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:34 pm
1Aturnleft

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
That's interesting. A couple of time I took some of the little bottles of sherry out of the T4S lounge and enjoyed them with some almonds on the A340 back to LHR. Never had any problems. Alas when they updated the lounge they got rid of the little bottles. And before this blows up I am not a serial lounge pilferer!
We'd taken a couple of Club Europe sized miniatures in our liquids bag and "procrured" a couple of mini cans of fever tree mixers while in the lounge. A request for tumblers with ice was met without issue from the front galley but the guy clearing in our cabin area didn't seem to appreciate being given the associated rubbish when prompted and set about advising us in lound Spanglish that this is not allowed here at Iberia and that we mustn't drink our own alcohol on board again. Admittedly I just shrugged and said too late (because it was by that point). I guess he could have been over zealous and keen to make an example but I've not really wanted to push the subject again since.... Not that I've flown Iberia Economy after this incident, I've always picked BA operated services. I did notice it is printed in the Iberia Cafe buy on board magazine in small print that it isn't permitted.
​​​​​​