FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Amex Business Credit Card [General Discussion]
Old Jul 19, 2020, 12:09 pm
IndoorCamper

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, United Silver, American Airlines Platinum
Originally Posted by claimui
The free night certificate only comes in the second year. So it might not make sense to factor it into your decision on the first year.

The 75k bonus requires spending on the card. Depending on your situation, you might get better value spending it elsewhere.
Good catch, I didn't realize the cert comes into play in the 2nd year.

Originally Posted by agurg
Now, I understand your situation better. Just like, "claimui" stated your free night will not come until the second year. So, still my answer is; it is not worth getting a CC for hitting a Titanium for 2021 when it has already been extended until 2021. So you will gain nothing by applying for this CC.

In another words, you are Titanium until February 2022, hitting 75 nights this year will not achieve anything except another Lifetime Year count notch in your belt and a choice of 75 night gift selection.

However, next year if you are back to traveling again and getting a new CC will help you achieve Titanium you can make the decision then.
My work related travel was been reduced to 0 indefinitely, so I will definitely need the 30 elite nights to even hit platinum in 2021 (to extend past Feb 2022). My concern is losing status before I'm able to use up all my points that I've been able to accumulate due to work. Given the large amount of points I have, I've considered transferring the points to an airlines as well.

Having both CC's next year would only put me 20 nights away from Plat. So if I end up getting the CC anyway, wouldn't it be better to get it this year for the 75 night gift selection? I don't see the benefit of waiting, unless I'm missing something.

Originally Posted by bgasser
The Credit Card will cost you $125 annual fee upfront and no introductory bonus points available since you already received them previously. Titanium will get you a (1 free night or 5 Suite nights) and a better elite point bonus rate for the $$$ you spend at Marriott. Otherwise, nothing else changes.
To clarify, I meant that I had applied for other business cards before so I am familiar with the process and requirements.

Thanks all!