FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 queues this morning (weekend AM peaks)
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:04 am
kdhurst380

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
HAL T5 security staff with an attitude? At least some things are still the same.
If you want snotty security staff, try Manchester for size. The only airport in the UK that makes it's own rules up, then expects you to second guess what they are. Add in the fact that it is a predominantly bucket & spade airport with once a year flyers/inexperienced travellers and the whole thing ends up being a mess. To put the cherry on top of the cake, they then start shouting at the queue, about how it's their own fault if there are delays for not following the rules.

This is the same airport where on more than one occasion, my bags have been pulled up, I've waited 20 minutes for a manual search for the staff member to shrug and tell me that they've got no idea why my bags been pulled up. That's obviously my fault. Anyway, I digress.

Are LHR security still making everyone take their shoes off? Was that just an LHR thing or are other airports doing it too? That'll undoubtedly slow things down if they continue with it as traffic picks up again.

Last edited by kdhurst380; Jul 18, 2020 at 7:11 am