FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 queues this morning (weekend AM peaks)
Old Jul 18, 2020, 4:50 am
Barnaby100

Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
Queues are to be expected going forward as long as several countries have added requirements that airlines need to check before they accept customers. As mentioned elsewhere, OLCI has been disabled for several destinations due to these checks - off the top of my head I can think of Italy, Greece, Turkey, Poland that all have OLCI restrictions. I'd guess even a basic transaction could now easily take up to 5 minutes to complete. Through in travellers who don't come prepared and those who haven't got the required documents and that then increases transactions further.
The Purser on my flight said there had been some last minute changes about temp checks for some countries which meant people couldn't check in on line which was making the queues worse.

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
HAL T5 security staff with an attitude? At least some things are still the same.
In the First wing they are usually delightful. I sometimes go airside when connecting as it is a pleasant experience to go through the First wing scanning.

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 18, 2020 at 5:01 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts