FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holland America Selling Ships
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:01 pm
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 747FC
The survey data is very interesting, but there is something significant missing: An explanation of the sampling methods and the sample. Unless I missed it, we have no idea who composed the subject pool. For example, if 87% of past cruisers say that they are never cruising again, that is quite different than if the respondent pool consists of a 24-36 year-old demographic who has never ever given a thought to cruising.
I also wonder about the point in time when the survey was taken. Since the survey results mention “Assuming all the stay at home orders are lifted by June 15th.....” makes me think the survey was taken in May or earlier. A lot, most of it not good in the US, has happened since May and I’d guess the same survey today would be even more resistant to travel. I realize some are busting at the seams to get out and about. However; the ones I’ve talked to are more focused on wanting to be able to go a local restaurant or bar, play golf or tennis, use the community pool, etc., versus some distant or exotic destination.