FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avoid Iberia like the plague
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:21 pm
Tilto007

Programs: Avios
Originally Posted by Spainontheair
Not sure if this is the correct section. If not, please move to the appropriate one.
Avoid flying Iberia like the plague, specially premium fares. JFK to MAD yesterday on Business. No service (you had to literally beg for a bottle of water), no food (they gave us a mushy sandwich and an orange). You cannot even use the lavatories in the front cabin (I assume they do it to save on cleaning), you have to go all the way to the back of the plane (does not seem the best anti-COVID strategy).
In summary, the ONLY thing you get right now on a Business Class ticket with Iberia is a lie-flat seat. All other perks have been eliminated.
You'd be a fool to give them money to fly with them. Luckily, I didn't, booked using miles. And thank god my return flight is with AA.
I have to agree with you,this is not satisfactory for a Business class ticket.It does not matter if you paid with miles or cash. A decent hot meal should be provided along with a proper drinks service. I know some here defend Iberia at all costs but this is not acceptable.