FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avios Devaluation?
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:03 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It looks correct to me - […]

From what you have posted, it appears that you have a revenue booking , not a RFS award ticket
I think you are correct on the second point, though it still doesn't make sense for the avios difference. The OP is confusing because the question contradicts the description in the situation in the next sentence (bolding mine) so I think that the OP needs to clarify.

Originally Posted by pjh981
Has anyone else noticed the devaluation of Avios when you upgrade a RFS ET to CE?

I just booked one-way ET Flight to MUC for cash in 'N' class and upgraded using Avios to CE.
In short:

- Upgrading a RFS means you booked a RFS award ticket and then decide to upgrade its class of travel: in effect, this will normally be effected as a cancel and rebook by the way. In that case, you'll indeed pay the difference in RFS award level and taxes at whatever rates you choose plus the relevant cancel/change fees.

- Upgrading a cash ticket to a higher class: this is quite different obviously but should still be based on the standard avios rate, not the avios+£1 rate so it seems to me that the OP has been overcharged.