FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2020, 5:44 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by bluesaturn
Is Skane so cheap that they require 200SEK while other regions are free? I assume with a frikort the fee is waived.
I rather wonder if in the future expats want to live in Sweden. Health care isn't that good, schooling apparently either, salaries are not so good, and Sweden has shown it is incapable of making decisions.
When Linde complains there aren't direct flights to Greece for Swedes, she should consider paying the required PCR Tests in the other countries on entry from people living currently in Sweden.

Yesterday in the supermarket a person came very close to me, he was leaning into my face to grab his product from the shelf. I told him to keep his distance and I was laughed at. :-(
Now if you have symptom you can order a PCR test for free in Skane. No idea about the frikort because I never get to that (I tried to avoid seeing doctors in Sweden because I don't trust them personally), my experience has not been good. They did a lot of tests on me but couldn't find anything.

I don't call myself an expat and most foreigners are immigrants like myself (we initiated the move - not sent by a company with a great package). There will still be plenty who will flood to Sweden.

Brits who wants to have access to the EU;
Americans who can't afford health insurance (if they don't earn much you don't pay much tax in Sweden anyway - and they won't be double taxed) - free college education is a big plus
People who are from countries that are worse off than Sweden.

Why Sweden instead of neighbouring countries:
It's super easy to get citizenship - all it takes is 5 years living in Sweden, no language test. You can pretty much cheat that you are in Sweden while living back in your home country (I have friends who are doing that - they went home without telling Skatteverket and register themselves with their friend).
For people from the EU all they need is to open a company and that qualifies for being employed - I doubt you can do that in DK.
Cheap cars and insurance and property tax
Free international schools - at least in Skane

When you are wearing a mask you are protecting the people around you - people should be thanking you for doing that.