View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:19 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vanillabean
At least it doesn’t say to head straight for Nordhavn ... 😛
Even if it did say to come have a dip in the bathing areas where Danish sewage is closest in a way, most southern Swedes are still not allowed into Denmark to play tourist unless showing a recent negative test for this virus. And even with a negative test, having a cough or fever for reasons unrelated to this coronavirus may result in a rejection back to Sweden with its own bathing waters with questionable matter at times.

I made the social faux pas of trying to justify Denmark’s ban against southern Swedes today while in Sweden. Guess what all got tossed my way? .

I find it rather amusing to be on the receiving end of Trump-like lines in Sweden: “this is only because we are so great at testing and testing so many more”; “we should have slowed down the testing”; and “the death rate has fallen, so this whole thing is overhyped”.

In this environment, the Swedish government’s attempt to get extended powers after June 15th failed in the Parliament. If the situation feels “overhyped” to so many Swedes, then of course the government would face an uphill battle to get greater powers to respond to this virus situation at this time.

The government is like the tail on a dog. And it’s to be seen how sick the Swedish dog may get from this coronavirus post-August.