FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've spent 20 years on FlyerTalk
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2020, 12:08 pm
ILuvParis
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
June 30, 2000. Twenty years ago today.

The date didn't mean anything to me either until I came across this thread and looked up when my anniversary was. To paraphrase something I read recently, 20 years sounds like forever, yet it seems shorter than a sneeze.

Yes, the travel info has been fantastic, but the people have been far more important. I've met FlyerTalkers in the U.S., from Maine to Hawaii, in Europe (Spain, the UK, Germany, Austria, and France come immediately to mind) and Argentina. Not to mention the countless dinners and luncheons in Chicago (oh, for the $5 Tuesday burger at the now defunct Beer Bistro and the great lunches with people from across the country -and beyond - we used to get at the Flat Top Grill in the early years). And, the people I've sparred with (and continue to) that I've never met in person. And, I still think of and miss two of the sweetest people I've ever met - the lateTravelWeary from Seattle (pizza at the Velvet Elvis in Patagonia, AZ! ) and dctorres from DC, Paris and Chicago.

So, 20 years later, I'm amazed and grateful for the things I've learned, the places I've been and the friends I've made! Thanks to you all!

Last edited by ILuvParis; Jun 30, 2020 at 12:14 pm