FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's for dinner?
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2020, 9:28 am
corky
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bensyd
Yeah, I prefer penne (specifically the rigate typem which is sort of roughed up so holds a sauce even better) for marinara. And for oil based stuff or something like carbonara then I'd use spaghetti. I know Italian-American classic is spaghetti with meatballs, but it's an exercise in futility trying to eat it. The pasta doesn't hold the sauce of the meatballs so you end up eating plain pasta followed by a big bowl of marinara meatballs!

Try your parmesan and olive oil concoction with spaghetti, maybe an egg yolk too and a little lemon juice. Heaven.
this
i have been eating soft foods this week because of dental stuff. Twice i have made bucatini....i beat an egg yolk with olive oil, garlic, fresh lemon juice and zest, and lots of fresh grated parm. I dump the hot bucatini in which cooks the egg. I then add spoonfuls of the cooking water to make it a sauce. When not going strictly soft, i sometimes throw a handful of arugula in too to up the nutrition.
i almost never eat bucatini in public despite it being my very favorite ....there is no graceful way to eat it....it has a mind of it's own.