FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA at Gatwick 2021
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:44 am
sungod

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
It is indeed frustrating not knowing exactly what is happening, however much of this is being driven by events outside BA or any other airlines's control. Until the Government says what is happening with these so called Air Bridges, or quarantining upon return, it is hard to forward plan. I'm afraid that all our patience is wearing thin, but we can only wait. These rolling cancellations have far from abated - and I suspect that if the US keep their ban, then a lot of Transatlantic aircraft will not be flying.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you are keen to travel and aren't too bothered by LHR versus LGW versus LCY, then I would book if you see a reasonable fare. The removal of (say) LGW would only push fares higher overall, but holding a LGW booking would allow you a free switch to LHR or LCY. You would need to stay on top of the situation on routes where seats are selling out. I've highlighted AGP, I suspect some other Spanish resorts will be similar, but it won't be the case for all places.
BA must've heard me, just had an email to say "Seat changes for British Airways booking:", clicked on the link and it led to a page advising the LGW-ACE flights were cancelled, one of the options given was to take an alternative booking.

'click', this showed the flights have simply moved to LHR (seats as I'd selected months ago), I gladly accepted that!