FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Year Round Living in Marriott Hotels
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:42 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PNWCatLady Welcome to FT
Originally Posted by PNWCatLady
I am in the early stages of planning a year long sabbatical of traveling the US and Canada. I am trying to figure out how to get the best value for my travels. I do plan on driving, with no flying.
<snip>
By my calculations, I could get 40 nights free at a Marriott hotel (making sure to stay at the 10 points per night hotels) in one year.
More when you calculate the additional miles for groceries, gas, and other things.!
Originally Posted by Bravada04
A year long sabbatical in Canada & the U.S. staying in a hotel every night? Interesting.
Originally Posted by beachfan
For me the issue would be having to stay in Marriotts when they may not be the best alternative. .....
Indeed worth considering other chains/brands or several chain/brands and/or AirNB or equal and comparing total cash out lay vs " free " nights. One chain/brand may not have best properties for location and.or cost
OP mentions 'groceries" so may be wanting to home prepare meals at times. That may limit properties.
Over the decades I have spent periods of 10 months - 6 months - 3 months on the road. Sometimes you need to stop moving an rest for a month somewhere