FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No on-board luggage allowed (rescinded 16 December)
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:07 am
cheltzel

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
That is also one of the reasons I am avoiding TK on routes where I have alternatives on international routes.
There are airlines who accept cabin baggages as pre-COVID.

Also, the TK baggage services team is not that great when they lose your baggage. My bag was never lost on a TK flight but I know from others that the experience is not that pleasant.
TK isn't the only airline with less than stellar performance on lost baggage. I've had issues on US domestic and a couple of international carriers. I've always gotten either the luggage or compensation but sometimes it has taken months for a final resolution.

One of the reasons we fly in business is to be able to carry on a fair amount of gear. Nothing excessive in weight, but cameras, laptops/tablets and a CPAP machine adds up as far as size and number of bags. We have everything insured but you still risk arriving at your destination without the gear you need and you likely will have to wait on your return to replace what you've lost.