FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brief Flight Report -- TK8 IAD - IST on June 20, 2020
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:24 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by max_kolesne
Thank you for the additional information ISTFlyer . There are a few things I have forgotten to add.

- I have forgotten to add, they did have an "amenity kit" with a few masks, hand sanitizer, and an antibacterial wipe. But that was it, they did not have the regular amenity kits. They also did not distribute noise-canceling headphones, only the economy versions were available.

- I agree with your statement about not having anything advantageous than the things that you've already specified. If I was paying cash, I would probably not pay the premium for business class (I would probably not pay cash for any flight during these volatile times, but that's another discussion). However, it still could be a good option for folks who are anxious about social distancing as the business-cabin in 787s allow as much social distancing as possible in a plane, especially during the first couple after TK started its flights. This particular flight was pretty full due to the flight being the first scheduled flight after a while between IAD and IST. However, if the loads remain light for the rest of the summer, you can probably have the full row for yourself in the economy cabin as well.
I am not sure that the loads for TK flights to the USA/Canada would be empty this year. Turkey being one of the open countries for US citizens without quarantine, I've heard about people from the USA would travel to Southern Turkey for their beach holiday, plus we have the Turkish population in the USA visiting their friends/relatives in Turkey.

In addition, the only way to travel from Turkey to the USA with no-quarantine on arrival is either to fly TK, or make a detour and fly QR or EK with horrible connection times ( except for QR IST-JFK ). That's why most people would choose the former option.

We'll all see how the situation evolves but IMO, TK would always have loads close to 100% on USA routes for this summer.