FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Chase reducing credit limits for no fault of the cardholder?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:31 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Datapoints on another site implied that Chase may only be doing this to people who only have a single Chase credit card (not a bunch of different Chase credit cards). For each of you, is this your only Chase card? Thanks.
I have a bunch of Chase cards. They cut my credit line in half on two of them (Hyatt and Marriott) that I haven't used in a long time, didn't touch the BA one that I used a year ago, nor did they touch a Freedom cash back nor a Slate. I haven't used the Slate in many years.

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
Think about it from Chase view. If you have a card but have not been using it ......then start using it there is a fear of default. Pretty common sense. Glad to see a bank being smart
I don't think it's going from not using a card to using it as much as going from minimal credit line utilization to larger. You could have a card that you charge a tiny amount on every month and pay it off each statement. If you suddenly charge near the maximum, that's a huge red flag, regardless if you use the card or not.

Originally Posted by cjw2001
Received the same letter for a Chase Freedom and called them today. Was told that since I called within the 30 days they would leave the credit limit as is.
Awesome, I will try that, thanks. Which number did you call?

EDITED TO ADD: called just now on the two cards that were lowered. Agent said the credit lines weren't lowered yet, the accounts were just "notated" to be lowered, and if I preferred to keep the lines the same, she would "notate" that and then the lines wouldn't be lowered.

Last edited by anabolism; Jun 22, 2020 at 4:55 pm