FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska in a few weeks (4th july weekend)
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2020, 6:59 am
miadukes

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Maykita
I hope you have a great time! Everyone has their own travel style. And you will definitely want to go back for more!

I would be grateful if you come back and update how it was. We are planning to go in August. We have a plan for getting the Covid-19 test in advance but cannot be sure our results will arrive in time. The way I read the Alaska FAQs the 72 hours is measured based on departure time (I guess the first flight?) not arrival time, but it is still hard to get a turnaround that quick.
Thanks, I hope so too. Well we planned our Covid test for Monday (technically morning) and we leave Thursday evening. I would think that suffices for 72 hrs but just in case we are going to try for the 24hrs before testing lottery and attempt to get an appt for the Tuesday at the local county testing site. That tuesday test for sure should count. Plus we just really want to make sure its negative BEFORE we leave. I would hate to get stuck in Alaska with no way home for 14 days or more.. I would think that is Monday is Negative, Tuesday should be too. One would think its initial departure as well but haven't quite nailed it. On the other thread someone posted that its from the initial departure. Either way I don't want to take any chances.