FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska in a few weeks (4th july weekend)
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:03 pm
miadukes

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by fti
From all i have read Alaskans are out in full force this summer. They always were over July 4th weekend anyway.

You seriously won't experience Alaska just see nice scenery all the time. But it's your decision. It's a common rookie mistake for first time visitors to Alaska.

I hope you know the strict entry requirements in place now. A negative COVID19 test within 72 hours of arrival or mandatory quarantine.
Seriously, we like nice scenery. lol We can always go back to do it again should we feel we missed anything. We actually, before covid, were talking about returning in the winter for a few days. This will probably get our feet wet and I know Alaska is on my mom's bucket list and I will have a better idea of what to do when I travel with her in the future.

Like i said upthread, we did yellowstone much the same way and very much enjoyed our 10 days there. We are not much for hiking or what not but yes should I have al the money and time in the world, there were a few things I would probably have stayed extra to do or just to relax an extra night in some places, we know its a bit rushed but feel that it's right for us. I will definitely have to come back and update after we get back (provided that we have no issues with covid test) My main fear is that we are asymptomatic or something which is why we are making sure to get tested before and not relying on the test upon arrival.