FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More Benefits for Ambassadors and Titaniums By Devaluing Platinum Benefits?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:55 am
myperks

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Where is the "Dislike" button?
so many dislikes means that it may actually be what Marriott is looking for . No Bonvoyed this time?

Originally Posted by X-ON
I doubt that having a mid-tier level (compare Hyatt with Discoverist) with 50 nights requirement makes any sense at all.
Given the financial situation for the travel industry I give this 0% chance of happening, i.e. if i did not happen during 2019 it wont happen at all in the foreseeable future.
Benefits in loyalty programs usually get cut during the height of the business cycle for the simple reason that the marginal impact of the loyalty program is less. You fill up your hotel rooms anyway while in a down turn its a fairly cost effective way to maintain or increase your market share and differentiate you from the competition . Not to mention that your loyalty program in itself can be valuable asset used as collateral when raising money in the open market, see UA mileage plus, hence you do not want to be seen doing drastic changes that potentially reduces the value.
More like hyatt Explorist but at a 50 night level with the club certificates instead of unlimited lounge access. LTPs will get a set every year.

Originally Posted by samwise6222
Ah another round of "My qualified elite level should get more benefits and anyone below me should get less benefits" thread.
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yep. First thing I thought when I saw the thread title was "Haven't seen one of those in a bit".
now you know how I feel when I see posts on “let’s move to another chain”

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, one can argue that the COVID-19 cuts have hit AMBs hardest. We're more likely to be hit by lounge closures since we spend more nights and we lost our Ambassadors. In exchange, according to m y latest Bonvoy email, I get 50 nights credit that doesn't help one bit since my AMB status has been extended a year and, in terms of requalifying, I'm not getting 50% of the spend requirement as credit. In the meantime, my nights and spend this year don't matter beyond getting some more SNAs that will expire at the same time.

I've never understood why Marriott seems to resist the idea that higher status tiers should get priority for zero sum benefits like room/suite upgrades. Some properties are smart about preassigning rooms, but officially I can randomly lose suites to Plats who arrive at the front desk at the right time.

ADDED: It's hard to see how hotels can guarantee suite upgrades or Your24. What if all suites have already been sold when an AMB makes a reservation? And what if the hotel is fully booked by a group that will not be checking out early?
Guaranteeing Your24 with say 48-72 hour notice allow the hotels assign rooms based on the request. Restrictions can be in place to say only standard rooms qualify and upgrades or late checkout does not apply. As for guaranteeing upgrades, I‘m only suggesting that ambassadors can get guaranteed upgrades using SNAs say if done at least 5 days before (or else it goes into the general queue with Plats and Tits).

at the end of the day, I don’t see Marriott increasing benefits for all levels. Might as well suggest increasing benefits for top level and levels that cannot be reached via Lifetime status (unless grandfathered LTT) to make members stay more.