FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Passenger Facial Cover / Mask Use Policy 2020 (Inc. changes)
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:26 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by metallo
Not sure how you “take action” when medical excuses are allowed... and anyone who’s eating or drinking can also remove their masks.

Far too easy for someone who doesn’t want to wear a mask to find a loophole... not worth the extra enforcement, IMO. We just have to accept that there will always be some level of risk, because you’ll never have 100% of passengers in masks 100% of the time.
I agree. And what you will see next is pictures and videos of FAs and pilots with masks below their mouths on their chins or necks. On every single flight I have taken in the last few months (about 10 total) on AA and UA, the FAs had their masks lowered for long periods of time. I have never seen a pilot with a mask covering their mouth and nose when coming out for a potty break. Are FAs and pilots going to be put on a no-fly list? This really is a useless effort. Just slowly nurse your water and eat slowly.