FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG-SIN to return! (cargo only initially)
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:26 pm
kevflyer

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Thanks Kevflyer, interesting. A hypothetical: so, if someone wanted to mileage run SFO-HKG-SIN-HKG-SFO in July (not that many would want to do so), one would need to depart SFO W/Th only. HKG has an 8 hour max transit rule, assume SIN has/will have similar. Although SIN allows transit hotel stay or holding area. Departing Tu/Fri/Sat wouldn’t work. Correct? Am I missing anything, other than it might be a long and miserable experience?
I personally wouldn't do this run at all due to logistical nightmare, misery aside. And small chance things can even change while you're in the air?

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Transit in SIN is restricted. Airlines have to file with Changi airport authority with details of flights for transit approval. It is not an open ended transit procedure pre-Covid 19. Also transit passengers are being kept in a dedicated area that is closed off to shops, restaurants, lounges and transit hotel.
Mileage/status runner beware during Covid-19. Transits are only permitted on approved flights at SIN and HK.
I'm only aware of transit allowed for people flying from selected cities in Australia / NZ to other Singapore / Scoot / Silk Air destinations (the reverse is not allowed):
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=kataac8r