FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refused Late Check-Out due to COVID (Experiences?)
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:20 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cmd320
This too had been a problem long before COVID. I’m of the opinion that if you cannot guarantee 4pm checkout then don’t upgrade me to that room or give me that choice at check in whether I want to be upgraded with a standard checkout or stay in my booked room category until 4.
I used SNAs, so the upgrade was confirmed in advance. The issue is that they only have two floors open (and thus only four junior suites total), and housekeeping staff leaves at 3:30 pm. They did not warn me at check-in of this limitation, despite my request via the app for a 4 pm check-out.

I'm not sure why this property is even bothering to stay open with all the limitations. Can't remember the last time I stayed somewhere you had to leave the hotel for coffee in the morning.

Update: Now I know why they're staying open . . . at check-out, FDA mentioned they're staying open because they have full time residents.

Last edited by Kacee; Jun 15, 2020 at 7:13 pm Reason: update