FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trump administration bans China passenger planes effective June 16
Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:46 am
STS-134

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 889
In particular, Hawaii's "deport'em" policy sounds awfully Chinese-y.

"Two passengers who arrived from California on Monday were sent back to the Mainland after airport officials found they had no destination on Maui."

https://www.mauinews.com/news/local-...ors-sent-home/
Hawaii is taking the virus seriously. But unlike the stupid policies of China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, etc., Hawaii is allowing anyone (not just residents/citizens) to enter the state, assuming he or she agrees to quarantine for 14 days at his/her own expense. That's much more reasonable and means that if you really want to get in, you have a way to do so. I probably won't be making a trip there this summer for the first time in my life (summer vacations in Hawaii apparently started when I was a few months old, before I can even remember) unless they change the rules to require C19 testing and a negative result before boarding the plane (which would make me comfortable flying), and C19 testing on arrival, and allow people who leave quarantine once the results come back in 1-3 days and they test negative.