FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives hotel recommendations
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:33 am
DavidO

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by escape4
If anybody has insights about transfers between resorts which do not require a return to MLE airport that would be a good tip to find out which resorts should be paired as back-to-back stays.
Generally speaking, if you look at those resorts in the vicinity of MLE (i.e., with speedboat transfers from the airport), you should be able to arrange speedboat transfers between those resorts. I'm thinking of places like Gili Lankanfushi, One&Only Reethi Rah, FS Kuda Huraa, and TAJ Exotica, all of which are in the same general area. Once you get to the outer islands, you need seaplane transfers between resorts. From my own experience, seaplanes fly different routes every day. When we visited Velaa Private Island, our plane dropped off passengers at maybe two other resorts before dropping us off (Velaa was the farthest north). On our return trip to MLE, same thing happened in reverse... meaning if you book two resorts in the same general area (for instance, Velaa and Cheval Blanc), you should be able to arrange seaplane transfers from one resort to another. Most travel advisors would work with wholesalers with intimate knowledge of Maldives resorts. Those wholesalers would have the resources to plan intra-resort speedboat and seaplane transfers, saving you (and the travel advisor) an untold amount of time.