FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odds of a cancellation?
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:33 am
mattjam

Programs: BA Silver, HHilton Gold, *wood Gold and BA Amex Prem Plus
Thanks for the advice.

None of our family have any US connection, so we would be entering the US under a visa.

Also, everything was booked last year.

The flights are cancellable (as they are Avios redemptions), though I don't want to cancel, as I will lose the additional amount paid to get seats on the Upper Deck, plus the cancellation fee. I know I can leave cancelling until 24 hours before departures, and if needs be, I will cancel as we have decide that we don't want to go.

I booked the NYC hotel via hotels.com (paid upfront), and they are not providing any clarity on whether the booking can be shifted. It was booked on a non-cancellable basis.

Separately, I booked a villa in Florida and the management company is refusing to allow a cancellation or change of date. Payment of the balance is due at the end of the month. If we pay the balance, and are denied exit from the UK / entry into the US., then we could claim under the insurance for the total cost of the villa. If we don't pay for the villa, then we lose all rights to claim under the insurance. Our risk is that if we do pay the balance, and an airbridge is put in place, then we will lose all the money for the villa.

I accept that it is our decision not to go to the US this year, but I struggle to see the benefit in going to NYC and Disney World given all of the restrictions. I also get that we are choosing not to go and hence we will pay the cost of not going....it's just I'd like to minimise loses where I can so that we can use what money is saved for the same holiday (hopefully) next year.