FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more
Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:03 pm
mattoo

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I understand the cynics, as I can be myself however I’m mostly sarcastic in my tone BUT putting that aside, I have a genuine question that would welcome the more genuine answers...why has Alex Cruz as the CEO of BA not made a public appearance nor been forced to make one, such as today’s opportunity on Sky News?

I understand WW is the overall chief for IAG, however as WW said himself today the entities under IAG umbrella operate and manage individually. Separate balance sheets and management teams.

Now in a separate thought to the above and I’m not suggesting there is any relation to above but there was a line that WW said in the interview and it did catch my attention..something along the lines of... “people work extremely hard in BA and some may be here and some may not in the future”

Clearly that is directed at some of staff sadly being made redundant but a little thought crossed my mind as to whether his reference was to Cruz as one of those! Let’s be even clearer I’m making that up and it’s not my intention to start a “is Cruz leaving?” thread.

So where is the CEO of BA in and during the greatest ever challenge BA has faced? Am I expecting too much from a CEO by making an appearance?
Perhaps Alex Cruz has been furloughed?!