FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If JetBlue changes the time of a flight, or cancels it, can we get a refund?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:10 pm
bk3day

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You will be issued "fresh" travel bank credits on the day you cancel that will be valid for 24 months from the date the travel bank credits were issued. Hope this helps!
Just called B6 and wanted to provide a data point on how both cancellations were handled...

PNR #1 JFK-PWM: Their offer to change flights was moot as their only option was +/- 24 hours and Maine still has a quarantine order. Given that the cancelled flight was purchased with long expired TB credit,initially I was told it would expire BUT PERHAPS, if a different dept granted an exception, I would be granted a 2 week grace to rebook.

I objected and pressed my case for a longer extension, given the cancellation was not my doing. Agent was polite but firm that policy was the TB funds had expired I would be lucky to get even a 2 week grace. Again, I pressed the case and she consulted that "other department". She came back and told me they agreed to extend my expired TB fare credit for 1 year. The taxes were refunded as a new TB credit, with a 2 yr expiration.

PNR #2 PWM-JFK: Agent had to again, consult that "other department", Similarly, they also granted a 1 year TB credit for that Blue Basic flight purcased with long-expired TB credits

NOTE: fwiw, this was an older regular fare (pre-Blu Basic) but fare type didn't seem to matter?

NEW QUESTION: In the past, when I called in and asked for assistance with expiring TB credit, the agent I spoke with always offered that 2 week grace to book a new ticket. I understand that was a courtesy but is it now standard practice for the agent to call another department for approval whereas in the past the front line agent was empowered to make the offer?

Thanks again!