FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlightHub / JustFly files for creditor protection
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:21 am
Roona

Originally Posted by Rad456
Anyone have any insight in their service fees?

I cancelled my YYC-ORD flight in June via the AA website due to COVID. I had booked the ticket through Flighthub. On Flighthub's website they are saying I can get a refund $128.00, but will be charged $35 handling fee to my credit card.

I am not a fan of that...Any recourse? I could dispute the charge I guess, but would prefer not to pay it at all

I HUCA'ed JustFly a couple times, could not get a supervisor or manager on the line, and could not get them to budge on waiving the handling fee.

For what it's worth, my flight is US-EU, was cancelled by the airline, no alternative routings were offered, and so a full refund seems due under US DOT rules. They were also insisting on a 6-8 week delay on refunds, which again, breaks US DOT rules which require no more than 7 days.

I did not accept their offer. I've initiated a chargeback with my CC on the original charge and filed a complaint with the US DOT. Seems like a pretty open and shut case.

For reference:

Originally Posted by https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/refunds
How quickly is an airline, travel agent, or online travel agency required to process a refund?
  • If a passenger is owed a refund, an airline, travel agent, or online travel agency must process it within seven business days if the passenger paid by credit card, and 20 business days if the passenger paid by cash or check.
Originally Posted by https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/flight-delays-cancellations
If your flight is cancelled and you choose to cancel your trip as a result, you are entitled to a refund for the unused transportation – even for non-refundable tickets. You are also entitled to a refund for any bag fee that you paid, and any extras you may have purchased, such as a seat assignment.
Originally Posted by https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/2020-04/Enforcement%20Notice%20Final%20April%203%202020_0. pdf
Carriers have a longstanding obligation to provide a prompt refund to a ticketed passenger when the carrier cancels the passenger’s flight or makes a significant change in the flight schedule and the passenger chooses not to accept the alternative offered by the carrier.1 The longstanding obligation of carriers to provide refunds for flights that carriers cancel or significantly delay does not cease when the flight disruptions are outside of the carrier’s control (e.g., a result of government restrictions).2 The focus is not on whether the flight disruptions are within or outside the carrier’s control, but rather on the fact that the cancellation is through no fault of the passenger. 3 Accordingly, the Department continues to view any contract of carriage provision or airline policy that purports to deny refunds to passengers when the carrier cancels a flight, makes a significant schedule change, or significantly delays a flight to be a violation of the carriers’ obligation that could subject the carrier to an enforcement action.4