FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is flying like now?
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2020, 11:04 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017
As someone who doesn't often experience "perks" while flying, it feels much more sterile (and by that I mean it's not an experience). I arrived at the airport, boarded the flight, sat there, and arrived where I wanted to be. I didn't arrive early at the airport, didn't shop or buy food. Basically, I got what I paid for...transportation.
Honestly I hope this current situation will reset the current expectations for air travel. It doesn't need to be a dining or shopping experience. The purpose of air travel is to transport people. That is what the airlines are best at. Let's trim the process down to be as efficient as possible. Arrive at the airport, go through security. Board the aircraft from back to front---It just makes sense. Minimal service. I was perfectly happy with a water bottle and some CheezIts.
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Great for a 2-hour flight. Not so great for a 5-hour transcon flight or international.
(1) your air travel patterns and experiences, and how they shaped your perspective of what’s important or valuable to you on a flight, are evidently rather different that the previous poster’s (esp as highlighted)
(2) not every “5-hour transcon flight” serves a premium market that can regularly command “perks” at the level you imply are important or valuable
(2) once again, most FTers are not representative of the vast majority of air travelers ... the latter group, imo, have a value proposition that really doesn’t give much weight to the “perks”