FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rookie question
Thread: Rookie question
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2020, 7:21 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Rookie question

Title suggests, noob question I can't figure out, but it doesn't really fit anywhere else that I can tell.

I'm attempting to book a flight on the Turkish Airways website. Hear me out here! I'm trying to book a business class ticket that's 5 segments, 4 are TK one is AC and that's the one in question.

Again, trying to book business class, the TK website shows Z class for the AC flight, which I'm under the impression is "discount" biz or "lowest" biz, whatever. But then the website tells me "there's no business cabin in AC 108 so you'll be seated in economy". Its a 788 YVR-YYZ, obviously there's a business class cabin, but I have to AGREE to the economy class before I can proceed. I don't wanna fight them later. If I'm booked into Z class, is there any reason why AC would seat me in Economy class?

It doesn't seem to matter which YVR-YYZ flight I pick. The same thing happens.

I could potentially book the flight on Expedia, I don't really wanna use an OTA, but I do trust them. My question about using Expedia, is will I still be eligible for the touristanbul and free hotel that the TK site informed me I would be?

Thanks for any help folks