FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current China Entry policy
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2020, 12:04 pm
anacapamalibu
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by STS-134
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22Z04W

US wants the "March 12" restriction gone.
Originally Posted by STS-134
I agree that there's almost zero downside to ending tariffs, so long as the other side drops its tariffs, but there are other reciprocity items that I would put in place, such as:
1. Chinese citizens not allowed to purchase real estate in the US, until US citizens are allowed to purchase real estate in China.

Absolutely...and US buyers get to own the land.

2. US should block Baidu, WeChat, and other Chinese internet services, until China unblocks Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. US media shall be allowed to report freely inside China if Chinese media is allowed to report freely inside the US.

Of course!

3. China should require US citizens to do an in-person interview to get visas, until the US drops the requirement for Chinese citizens.

Yes..in per interviews for a country with such wealth and no history of terrorist acts on other nations.

4. All "Confucius Institutes" in the US universities to be disbanded, unless the US is allowed to have "George Washington Institutes" in Chinese universities.

Have no knowledge on that.

...and the one relevant to this thread:
5. All Chinese citizens banned from entering the US (regardless of origin/location during the past 14 days), until China rescinds its ban on all US citizens entering China. Banning US citizens coming directly from the US due to COVID-19 fears I can understand. Banning US citizens coming directly from Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc. however makes no sense (and yes, I'm aware that these restrictions by the US should also be extended against Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, etc.). Requiring a 14 day quarantine at the traveler's expense? Sure...and that would probably cut down on passenger traffic by 99%. Total ban? That's just dumb.

Yes US never banned chinese (as in china citizens) never banned China flights.

An eye for an eye.