FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: AF/KL rebooking/refund policy
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2020, 9:29 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Some confusion here: AF has cancelled the return flight of a round-trip to Brazil. Rather than re-book it to a later date (not sure when I can go to Brazil again) I would like a refund for that cancelled flight. The ticket is in fully refundable booking classes (outbound was in P, return in J) - so how will they treat this? Like "normally", i.e. re-price this as a one way ticket and then refund the difference if there is any? Or take the part of the ticket that corresponds to the return flight and reimburse that, leaving the flown outbound part as if it had been part of a round-trip?

The former would clearly not be desirable. But something tells me that they're just pulling off exactly that on me. I had asked for a refund more than a week ago already, nothing happened, and now that I called again they said something which sounded more like the "reprice this as a one-way". But even after asking again they couldn't be clear.

Any experience with situations like this?

For the record, I'd even be happy with a voucher, it's the amount of the refund that worries me.