FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Greece - entry restrictions until 15 June 2020
Old May 22, 2020, 2:33 pm
giorginho

Originally Posted by Arrivals
No. The other thread discusses the situation from 15 June onwards.
OK, I apologize, you are right, I didn't read carefully enough. Can't really help you with all your questions, I was under the impression that since the government said that international arrivals will be "freed" from the anti-corona measures on June the 15th, that the only logical conclusion would be that up to June the 14th there will still be mandatory covid-19 tests upon arrival and a 24h (or so) stay at a hotel until the results come in, at which point one can proceed to their destination and self-quarantine there (the way it is now...). Now if they decide to only end the 14-day precautionary quarantine rule for those first 14 June days.... no idea, but I'll tell you what I told a friend of mine, who was going to travel on June 7th: Is it better to travel before June 15th and be quarantined for 2 weeks or travel from the 15th and be quarantine-free? If tourists aren't supposed to be allowed to arrive before the 15th then they could just as well retain the quarantine rule until then.
I think that June 15th is generally a more wide-spread date in general, for example Germany has some hefty travel restrictions that already extend to June 14th, so it was to be expected that this will be the date to start with the big changes.
What I, like you, can't understand is that they announced that.... they would announce these plans about 1 week ago, they made the announcements about 55 hours ago and there is still no official document that one could use to start making some plans... just the "vague" announcements they made and some interpretations by journalists...