FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conditions to enter Greece as of June 15
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2020, 12:55 am
Carpacchio

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by david55
Here is another article explaining the timetable. As to why some international flights are starting early...my guess is there are a lot of Greek Nationals anxious to get back and visit relatives or have work in Greece.....

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/20...-countries-20/
Can somebody tell me how this makes sense ?

"Theoharis said that initially citizens from some 20 countries will be allowed depending on the epidemiological data in their countries." -> does this mean citizens or residents ? I mean, if I have a "unsafe" citizenship but live for 20 years in a "safe" country, why would I be penalized ?

“Foreign tourism will start on June 15, where the arrival of visitors from approximately 20 countries will be free,” -> what does "free" mean? Free to enter, while the others need to be tested? Or airlines need to take care not to put "unsafe" people on the flight?

"In his speech, the Minister mentioned from “the Balkans to the Baltic” and “northern Europe,” named “first of all Germany, then also Israel and Cyprus and Bulgaria.” -> yet Germany is not on the list that is circulating.

"June 15: Opening of Athens International Airport to flights from all countries with good epidemiological data." -> AIA is already open to flights from Germany, for instance. There was a video report in the Spiegel where they interviewed people arriving in Athens, and while there were quite some Greeks, there were also clearly German people amongst them (altough everyone still had to do the test). So as of June 15 (assuming Germany is not on the list), only "safe" people allowed?