FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread COVID-19/Coronavirus; travel waivers, route changes, AC impacts
Old May 21, 2020, 9:24 am
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I'm flying YOW-YYZ-FRA-AMS in J on Sunday. I know there's no lounge access and no food on the short-haul flights, and only packaged food on YYZ-FRA.

Two questions for anyone who may have flown recently:
  • Are there any cafes or restaurants open at YYZ and FRA?
  • What's the meal service on TATL J like these days? Is there still dinner and breakfast service? Is it the same stuff for all cabins?
PSA for anyone with similar questions. I sent an e-mail to YYZ Concierge and received this detailed response:

Hello/Bonjour Mr. _______,

Thank you for reaching out regarding these important questions you have for your future travel.

The meals on board will be prepackaged. The meal will be a larger portion than in economy class. The meal service will include a prepackaged dinner shortly after take off and a prepackaged breakfast prior to landing. The beverage offer will only consist of water.

Should you not have plans to leave the airport as you are arriving much earlier prior to your departure to Frankfurt, I would suggest you stay in the domestic gate area once you arrive. There is a better selection for something to eat, and a sit down restaurant should you wish to have a bite and sit at a proper table, if you need to do some work. The International gate area will have only one restaurant that serves hamburgers and Tim Horton's. Once you are ready to make your way to the International area follow the purple connection signs to Gate E.

Here is a list of what is open in the domestic gate area located near gate D 35-40.

Boccone: Sit down restaurant
A & W
Starbucks
Tim Horton's
Relay: Sundry store

I hope this information is suitable to your question.

Should you require any further information please feel free to send an email or contact our 24hr Concierge line.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Stay safe.
_______