FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kettle One Fly for Life Pass
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2020, 8:21 pm
hi55us

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I'm very happy with my lifetime WorldClub membership and have gotten my value out of it. It's helpful for getting short term cash if you really need it. I took the risk with NW in 2006 that it would be something that I could use, and so far it's been a good investment. It also ties me a little closer to using Delta more since it's nice to have these on my domestic trips (since I'd generally get access with my STE+ on international).

I am surprised there's not more cash generation right now via gift cards and say Membership Rewards transfer bonuses. (Citi TR also doesn't have any transfer bonuses) so that the airlines can any kind of revenue. (Not sure how that accounting is though, since of course miles are also a liability, until the ticket is booked or travelled??)
Miles are a liability, but with $0 in interest and that should naturally shrink over time as they are devauled. When Delta gets miles from Amex they see an increase in Cash and an increase in liabilities, which is a big win in this environment.