FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shouldn't Amex Allow The Uber Credits to Carry Over in Light of Covid?
Old May 16, 2020, 4:53 pm
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
The title says it. I'm not taking Uber these days, nor is anyone else I know. In fact, we're all sheltering in place as required by law.

Seems fairly obvious to me that Amex should let the Uber credits roll over month to month so we can actually use the credits.

Yes, I know that I could use the credit for Uber Eats, but for various reasons I prefer not to do that. Part of my cost/benefit analysis in signing up for the Platinum card was the value of the Uber benefit.
I'm more concerned with the airline credits, which have no feasible alternative right now, rather than the Uber credits, which do have an alternative.

I'll also point out that the $320 in streaming & wireless credits were not part of your cost/benefit analysis; one could argue that is making amends for 8 months of Uber and the entire airline incidentals credit.

Frankly, I hate Uber as a company and am enjoying watching California slap them around in the courts. I get my monthly delivery+service fee covered by Amex but I'd rather see these new credits stick around instead of Uber after the dust settles on COVID-19. They aren't purely travel in nature, but just about everyone has a mobile device and at least one streaming service.