FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM to make face masks compulsory for all passengers from 11 May 2020
Old May 14, 2020, 2:16 pm
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Another habit that will have to change, at least in the short term, is hopping on a plane for no good reason!
Boy, am I ever glad that you don't get to decide what will have to change, nor what is or is not a good reason.

You want to imprison yourself at home? By all means, be my guest. Wear a face mask when you venture out? Go for it! Wear gloves when shopping? No objection. Refrain from flying until at least 80% of the world's population has been vaccinated in two or three years time? Sure, why not?

In the meantime, I reserve the right to hop on a plane as soon as I have a reason to, and I can think of lots of those. Apart from the lack of flights, the only thing that currently holds me back is that so many countries have promoted their citizens to inmates, have shut their economies down, and have made travel difficult in any number of ways. Right now I'm better of enjoying my freedom at home in a country where life goes on pretty much as normal.

By the way, Insideflyer has published an article in Dutch on the pointlessness of masks on planes.

Johan