FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2020, 10:38 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

36. (1979) It’s been a great weekend in Las Vegas but now duty calls in Baltimore. You’ve got a late afternoon appointment in Glen Burnie and it just so happens that there’s a one-stop redeye that’ll get you into Baltimore mid-morning. Your ability to sleep on airplanes is legendary, so this flight will be perfect! Identify the airline, aircraft and the stop.
It's not Ozark via STL, but it is a twin engine jet...

43. (1989) It used to bethat the only airline offering flights between Albuquerque and Tucson was Frontier. You still have fond memories of dressing up to fly to Tucson aboard a new 727 Arrow Jet back in 1967. These days Frontier has passed into history and the ABQ-TUS market is now served by two airlines, each offering two daily nonstop flights. Identify those airlines and the aircraft each operates on its flights.
US Air 737-300 has been identified. The other airline operated a 727-200 on this route...
36. Baltimore as the destination here has now jogged my memory a bit.....and Texas International had been introducing some interesting new routes before this little ole airline from the Lone Star state and its fleet of DC9-10 and DC9-30 aircraft were folded into Continental. I also think TI operated nonstop DC9-30 service from Las Vegas to both Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston Intercontinental at one point. So perhaps this flight stopped in Texas. But was the stop made at DFW or IAH? I'll go with DFW here.

43. Wild guess time.....Eastern operating B727-200 service from Albuquerque to Tucson with this flight possibly originating in Atlanta.