FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: refund provided as voucher (for non refundable fares)
Old May 14, 2020, 9:27 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Yeah got the same one in French and English. Just a slap on your face.
On another note, I am definitely eyeing at QR's new book with confidence policy. We are miles away from current AF/KL policies for sure... I know with who to book now for my November vacation!
Let's see if AK/KL decides to put some spice in their policy following the "intervention" of the EU commissioner yesterday
I believe the "spice" here they will put in for those opting for the voucher will be like what Finnair has done since the beginning - adding a x% extra for the total refund value to the voucher. Only question to be seen is what the X-value will be. (Finnair is adding 10% extra).
I have a booking that I requested for a voucher refund back in early April (but still nothing received) and another two coming up - waiting to see how this evolves before calling up to get them settled.

re: the new QR book with confidence policy - it is interesting, but it is not clear at least to me if the new flights (including the 500 or 5000 miles flexiblity) does it include a fare difference (even if the same booking class is available).

Did anyone get any ticket validity extension for an already flown ticket? (I have one which I was supposed to fly the inbound, but those flights are cancelled and of course the borders are now still closed) I would not mind to move it to later this year or early next year, but the ticket validity is next month.

Cheers!