FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation & Refund?
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2020, 8:53 am
yeungones

Programs: BA
Cancellation & Refund?

Hi,

We have flights booked with American Airlines for July to LAX via routes GLA-LHR-JFK-LAX.
Been hanging off to see how things progress before deciding on travels, but looks unlikely as time goes on. So hanging off for a possible cancellation to obtain a refund without going down the voucher/rebooking route if we can help it.

This morning I checked our booking, and noticed the was a notification on our AA booking. Schedules on the flights had changed on 2 of the flights (GLA-LHR and JFK-LAX).
It appears the scheduled times are earlier, however the flight numbers and aircraft types have clearly changed on both of these 2 flights.
i.e.
Original Outbound Flights
GLA-LHR 07:00AM - 08:35AM (AA6431)
LHR-JFK 11:20AM- 02:05PM (AA6934)
JFK-LAX 09:00PM - 12:13AM (AA300)

Changed Outbound Flights
GLA-LHR 08:00AM - 09:30AM (AA6673)
JFK-LAX 06:00PM - 09:12PM (AA302)

Can I confirm if this constitutes as a "Cancellation" on our original book?
If so, does this is mean that we a eligible for a full refund on our entire outbound/inbound booking as per the legal rulings - EU Regulations 261/2004; such that the airline must either grant us the option of a full refund or alternative scheduled flight times?

Arguably the flights time are not detrimental, but due to the change in flights (i.e. cancellation) I assume we are now eligible for a full refund?
Any advice would be appreciated?