FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed
Old May 13, 2020, 10:58 am
critterchick

Originally Posted by Often1
It won't matter for you, but, presuming that this is a US credit card issuer, it is 60 days from the day on which the service was not delivered, e.g. that it was cancelled.

You have made the request for a refund, AA has 7 days to initiate it. On the 8th day, start the dispute and file the DOT complaint and supply copies of your e-ticket, the cancellation notice,, your request for a refund and a note that no refund has been initiated. DOT will forward the complaint to AA for a response and AA has only one response, e.g., "we've refunded the customer." The only question will be whether it is the DOT complaint or the chargeback which hits first. You may never know.
I never received a cancellation notice. I saw that the flight was unavailable for booking, so called AA, who confirmed that it was cancelled, but never sent me a confirmation (although it was promised). I guess I will see if they can send it to me even though they've already cancelled the flight. It went so smoothly the last time, but I guess they are now trying to hang on to their cash like my dog used to hang on to chicken bones.