FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on international award cancellation and refunding
Old May 13, 2020, 2:02 am
AKLifetimeFlyer

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Advice on international award cancellation and refunding

Back Story: I have a one-way award ticket scheduled for June 15 ANC-KEF and June 19 KEF-TXL on FI. Booked with AS miles. Total cost was 45,000 miles, $150.60 taxes/fees, and $12.50 partner award booking fee. I booked this back in February when Covid was just becoming well known here, so I did buy Allianz trip insurance for $27. Separately, I paid Iceland Air $65 USD for a better seat from ANC-KEF. Obviously, I need to cancel this trip, it appears tourism in the EU won't be possible this summer. If it matters, my status is only MVP right now.

My Questions: 1. Who do I contact to cancel, AS or Allianz?; 2. Will I get the miles and money refund from AS due to the circumstances, or will it be miles and voucher? Or will I get miles back from AS and $ back from Allianz? 3. Any chance on refund from FI? I doubt it but figured I would ask.

Thanks in advance, I really want to avoid wasting not only my time, but the time of the agents at AS/Allianz/FI by starting down the wrong path.