FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt corporate layoffs & restructuring
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2020, 8:59 am
LoungeLizardHugo

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Agree. Any travel will not be the same until a vaccine is available. I will do my best to support Hyatt when that day comes.
I've been booking my Hyatt Global Tour trips like crazy since the "dark depths" of March. Late summer all the way through March 2021. Embarrassed to say how many. Wide open hotel suite upgrade availability, wide open F and J cheap/award flights. Was reviewing my bookings yesterday and shaking my head at the ludicrous goodness of all of them.

Here is what I ask of elected "officials" and those living in fear perpetuated by click-driven media hysteria: How many lives are you willing to sacrifice to prevent one coronavirus death?

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
1300 people worldwide out of 55,000 employees doesn't sound as bad as I would have expected,

I hope the Glob concierges are retained.
Yes, agreed, thankfully a light trimming vs a massive bloodletting. It could have been far worse. Also agreed on Concierges, one of the value propositions Hyatt offers that is HUGE to me. I feel tremendously bad for all the employees who are suffering due to absolutely no fault of their own.