FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread]
Old May 12, 2020, 8:46 am
Milhous Gloriosus

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
I was there over the weekend. Quinns was open on Friday and Saturday both for sit down and take away, It closed for sit-down on Sunday as most people checked out of the hotel. 400 Pazza was open for take away service throughout although you could take food to their outside tables. Friday and Saturday, Quinns offered beach service but it seemed to take quite a while to get it. I believe this was the first weekend for them to be open. Cafe San Marco (Illy Coffee) was open each morning from 7 to 11. A continental breakfast for Platinums + was available there although it was a choice of this or 500 points per day.

Off property a number of restaurants (Italian, Seafood, Mexican, Sports Bar) at a local strip mall were open with good social distancing

Elevators were posted to be one family per car and it seemed to work well for the occupancy level of the hotel, a slight wait during the busier times. They all had hand sanitizers installed within.

Beach chairs and pool chairs seemed to be the most popular, both both seemed to be in good supply and able to provide distance between families, etc.

I will say I sort of missed a place that you could sit and have a professionally mixed cocktail at night, Quinns did offer this service during the day. I assume as occupancy levels increase this will also be available (Memorial Day weekend?) The hotel also has a QR scan daily that provides information on what services and venues are open day to day. The shops were mostly closed but the jewelry shop was open for a few hours in the afternoon/evening on Saturday and I think the shop adjoining Cafe San Marco was also open from time to time.
Thank you. That's the kind of info I was looking for. I very much appreciate it.