Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread]

JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 20, 15, 12:44 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Effective July 7, 2014 Marco Island will have a daily resort fee of $25.

$25 DAILY RESORT FEE INCLUDES
Enhanced High Speed Internet Access/WiFi ($17)
Unlimited Domestic Long Distance Calls ($5)
Unlimited Local Calls
2 Bottled Waters Daily ($7)
Access to resort golf practice facility including range balls & clubs ($35)
Complimentary Golf Course Shuttle
1 Hour Non-Motorized Beach Rentals (water hammock, pedal boats, & kayaks) ($45)
1 Beach Umbrella Rental Daily ($25)
Kids Eat Breakfast Free at Tropiks buffet when accompanied by adult with purchase (maximum 2 children per family) ($20)
Total Value: $154

The property will close for 3 months: May-July 2015 to start demolition in preparation for the remodel. They are adding another tower and plan to be fully complete by December 2016. When they do reopen they will be re-branded as a JW Marriott.

Timeline:

"May 3 - August 4, 2015 Resort closed; transition begins.
August 5, 2015 - December 31, 2016 Re-opens as the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort
January 1, 2017 - Debuting as the new JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort"
Print Wikipost

Old May 4, 20, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Marko123 View Post
Thanks. Did you get a general sense or hear any chatter of how things might look Memorial Day weekend there? Currently holding a reservation for then but if there isn't much open I'll probably want to postpone.
I live in Florida full time also. Things are opening up here already. All of the beaches are open this week, except Miami area. Same for the restaurants, with maximum 25% capacity, empty tables between guests. I suspect by Memorial day weekend just about everything will be open. Most people are realizing that the shutdown was a huge mistake. NYC high density conditions are not common here, except Miami.
Old May 5, 20, 5:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by RocketGoBoom View Post
I live in Florida full time also. Things are opening up here already. All of the beaches are open this week, except Miami area. Same for the restaurants, with maximum 25% capacity, empty tables between guests. I suspect by Memorial day weekend just about everything will be open. Most people are realizing that the shutdown was a huge mistake. NYC high density conditions are not common here, except Miami.
Most people are realizing that the shutdown was a huge mistake ? Really ? Yes, I live in Florida too(nearby to Marco city of Naples) and only a very limited number of restaurants opened yesterday under the current restrictions. Hair salons/spas/gyms remain closed. There is a long way to go. But the shutdown a huge mistake ? Yikes!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 11, 20, 10:59 am

Programs: MAR Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Priority Club Plat. Amb., Hilton HHonors Diamond
So any updates from last 30 days?
Old May 12, 20, 6:07 am

I was there over the weekend. Quinns was open on Friday and Saturday both for sit down and take away, It closed for sit-down on Sunday as most people checked out of the hotel. 400 Pazza was open for take away service throughout although you could take food to their outside tables. Friday and Saturday, Quinns offered beach service but it seemed to take quite a while to get it. I believe this was the first weekend for them to be open. Cafe San Marco (Illy Coffee) was open each morning from 7 to 11. A continental breakfast for Platinums + was available there although it was a choice of this or 500 points per day.

Off property a number of restaurants (Italian, Seafood, Mexican, Sports Bar) at a local strip mall were open with good social distancing

Elevators were posted to be one family per car and it seemed to work well for the occupancy level of the hotel, a slight wait during the busier times. They all had hand sanitizers installed within.

Beach chairs and pool chairs seemed to be the most popular, both both seemed to be in good supply and able to provide distance between families, etc.

I will say I sort of missed a place that you could sit and have a professionally mixed cocktail at night, Quinns did offer this service during the day. I assume as occupancy levels increase this will also be available (Memorial Day weekend?) The hotel also has a QR scan daily that provides information on what services and venues are open day to day. The shops were mostly closed but the jewelry shop was open for a few hours in the afternoon/evening on Saturday and I think the shop adjoining Cafe San Marco was also open from time to time.
Old May 12, 20, 9:46 am

Programs: MAR Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Priority Club Plat. Amb., Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Leisuremiles View Post
I was there over the weekend. Quinns was open on Friday and Saturday both for sit down and take away, It closed for sit-down on Sunday as most people checked out of the hotel. 400 Pazza was open for take away service throughout although you could take food to their outside tables. Friday and Saturday, Quinns offered beach service but it seemed to take quite a while to get it. I believe this was the first weekend for them to be open. Cafe San Marco (Illy Coffee) was open each morning from 7 to 11. A continental breakfast for Platinums + was available there although it was a choice of this or 500 points per day.

Off property a number of restaurants (Italian, Seafood, Mexican, Sports Bar) at a local strip mall were open with good social distancing

Elevators were posted to be one family per car and it seemed to work well for the occupancy level of the hotel, a slight wait during the busier times. They all had hand sanitizers installed within.

Beach chairs and pool chairs seemed to be the most popular, both both seemed to be in good supply and able to provide distance between families, etc.

I will say I sort of missed a place that you could sit and have a professionally mixed cocktail at night, Quinns did offer this service during the day. I assume as occupancy levels increase this will also be available (Memorial Day weekend?) The hotel also has a QR scan daily that provides information on what services and venues are open day to day. The shops were mostly closed but the jewelry shop was open for a few hours in the afternoon/evening on Saturday and I think the shop adjoining Cafe San Marco was also open from time to time.
Thank you. That's the kind of info I was looking for. I very much appreciate it.
Old May 12, 20, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold

Any idea on what the options were for breakfast during your stay ?
Old May 12, 20, 4:05 pm

At check in, I was given a menu for Quinns with a limited breakfast menu but I didn't go to it. The only elite breakfast was the continental breakfast at the Club San Marco (Illy coffee venue).
Milhous Gloriosus likes this.
Old May 25, 20, 4:42 pm

Headed to the JW this weekend. Do the basic rooms have a mini fridge? Microwave?

I have submitted for Suite Night Upgrades its still pending.
Old May 26, 20, 8:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Suite Night Rewards system is not automatically functioning and that standard was suspended until at least 6/1. Advocate with the property for an upgrade.
Old May 26, 20, 10:52 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTG, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tmstewar2 View Post
Headed to the JW this weekend. Do the basic rooms have a mini fridge? Microwave?

I have submitted for Suite Night Upgrades its still pending.
Fridge, no microwave.
Old May 28, 20, 3:09 pm

At check in, I was given a menu for Quinns with a limited breakfast menu but I didn't go to it. The only elite breakfast was the continental breakfast at the Club San Marco (Illy coffee venue).
Hello. I was told today (phone) that the elite breakfast (for a future reservation) is typically a continental offering at Maia. I assume this is a credit toward a normal breakfast? Has anyone experience with this PRE-COVID. https://modules.marriott.com/resourc...-breakfast.pdf
Old May 29, 20, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by BobNoxious View Post
Hello. I was told today (phone) that the elite breakfast (for a future reservation) is typically a continental offering at Maia. I assume this is a credit toward a normal breakfast? Has anyone experience with this PRE-COVID. https://modules.marriott.com/resourc...-breakfast.pdf
Pre-Covid, the elite breakfast was either free continental or a credit toward the full buffet at Maia. When I was there, they had the free continental in a different room, I guess just so people didn't "forget" and walk to the full buffet line. We peeked in at the continental and it didn't look very impressive, so we ended up opting for the full. My recollection is that the full buffet with discount was still not cheap (maybe something like $15 instead of $35 full price).
Old Jun 10, 20, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by neuro0 View Post
Any Elite member staying with Amex FHR experience here?

​​​​​​Breakfast credit? Double dipping allow?

What about beach chairs? Easy to get on weekends?
wondering about FHR too, though Im only a lowly Gold.
Old Jul 6, 20, 2:20 pm

@travsells, gold member, claims to have been upgraded to suite in tower with private rooftop adult pool (sirene tower?) He is on instagram.
Old Jul 8, 20, 2:28 pm

Which restaurants/amenities are currently open/available?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: